Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Frocktails: Think Pink


It's February frocktail time! I went for a happy, little pink drink called a Paloma since it's in the Valentine's Day color palette and because grapefruit is just the tropical dose I'm craving when there's snow on the ground.

This Gap shirt dress is coral with a pink zigzag stripe and is just what my fashion sensibilities are craving mid-winter. It's bright, comfortable and feels like a dress I'd wear on vacation ... even a mental one in my living room.

Pink Paloma

1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
1/2 oz. of lime juice
3 ounces freshly squeezed pink or ruby red grapefruit juice
1/2 oz. agave
2 ounces club soda

Combine tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice and agave. Add ice and top with club soda. Garnish with
wedge of lime or grapefruit. Serves one.

Dress found here and belt found here. Frocktails is a monthly feature for fashion and libation inspiration. See past pairings and see another favorite Valentine's Day cocktail.

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series and I will be trying that drink soon:) You look so adorable:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming for a visit because your lovely dress caught my eye first. Then it was the cocktail ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wonderful combination of Christy and Michael! Love you. ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! (as always) you're such a babe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this series and you look gorgeous!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I need to make that Pink Paloma, immediately. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmy! and i love that dress nothing like a pop of color on a dull day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This drink looks delicious. My tequila loving friends will love this cocktail. And I love the amount of ice you put in the glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha. Absolutely adorable! That dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMMMMMMM! You look great in red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so lovely! I love this of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the sweet comments, friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dress and drink! I have some grapefruits I need to use. I think they will be wonderful with tequila!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so pretty! Love this drink and dress for Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips